Originally Posted by slamburban
i have been told by a couple experts that the front bumper and brackets are the same as the rear on both suburbans and panel trucks.


The experts are wrong: As stated by others above, the 47-55 panel body rear bumper is the same as the pickup front bumper. And, the rear bumper brackets are different from the front bumper brackets.

As GMONIZ suggested, place an ad in the Swap Meet for the rear brackets (I got a pair that way).

Also, as stated above, it is hard to find good used rear valances, but it is worth trying (I am still looking, after buying a few pieces of junk). I am unfortunately using a fiberglass valance. It has a lip in the outer edge that allows the rear-rubber-seal to be glued to the fiberglass (and it seals nicely between the valance and the rear bumper).