Well, I'm wondering what would be the best-fastest-and cheaper route to go. Here are some pictures of my pickup: http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n611/19Chevy38Guy/38%20Chevy/IMG_1508.jpg

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n611/19Chevy38Guy/38%20Chevy/IMG_1446.jpg

The cab, fenders, hoods, etc. have surface rust where you can rub on the metal with your finger and it takes some off, a couple of scrubs of 240 sand papers it is off. The frame is the worst part, but I sanded the rust off of it with 240 for a little bit and it was off. I talked to the blaster in Carson City who does the baking soda blasting and he said as long as the metal is dry and of the pickup is apart, there is no problem with soda remaining on the pickup.

The reason why I’m leaning more towards this guy is that he can come up to my yard and do it in a day and all I have to pay for is his gas coming up here, five hundred for the job, and however many bags it takes adds forty dollars per fifty-lb. bags. We’ll see, but so far from the comments and experiences that have been posted here, I’m still not one hundred percent sure. I am putting on a primer on the bare metal, then sanding it with like 360, prime it again then paint the basecoat. We’ll see, but the more suggestions, the more it helps me out.  Thank you!


1938 Chevy 3/4-Ton
In the DITY Gallery
In the Stovebolt Gallery

1938 Chevrolet 1.5-Ton
Gonna be a classic farm truck
In the DITY Gallery
In the Stovebolt Gallery