Yes, the current suspension is trash. The previous owner wanted to lower the truck, so the leafs were all heated and bent to lower the truck. The front leafs are almost perfectly horizontal. That's why I'm unsure how I'd like a completely stock setup. Also, the eyes on the springs are worn since the bushings are almost gone from wear.

It is expensive, but IFS will undoubtedly lower the truck, no one seems to make a IFS that will keep a somewhat stock height or even close, at least that I've been able to find. And since this will be a daily driver and I plan on throwing wood/brick/concrete into the bed when I need to, I don't want something with barely any clearance, especially being where I live, the roads have more holes than not. I'm going to use this truck as a truck and just keep it looking as nicely as I can.

I wish I could stick with a stovebolt, but I simply can't afford to do what I want, with the budget I have. I'm going to build a small block 383 myself. I have a bare corvette 4-bolt main block and vortec heads, I'm just saving to buy all the internals. I haven't made up my mind on a transmission yet, but I'm leaving towards rebuilding a Muncie M20 or M21 myself if I can find one for the right price. The only other considerations I've had so far are the Tremecs, which require winning the lottery, or an Turbo 400 with a manual shift kit installed.

When it's all said and done, I'll have a fully rolling SBC 383, vortec heads, aluminum air gap intake, Holly roughly 600-800 cfm (depending on what the engine actually needs), power steering, power brakes, wider wheels all around, maybe 8" (width) wheels. Drum brakes in the rear, disc in the front. Most likely an M21 4 speed with a Hurst shifter. Rino-lining on the inside of the bedsides, Teak, Mahogany or Apitong for the bed floor.

Mostly commuting, not long distances often, but sometimes. I don't want to be stuck at 3000 rpms doing 55-60 on the freeway. I'd like to take it to the track, but only for fun, nothing serious. I understand it's not going to be the best on gas or anything of the sort, but all the engine parts I've lined up and researched, the performance band for every part going into the engine is around 500-5000 rpms, so I think it will be well balanced for the ideal truck in my head.

That's about all I'll write for an outline of the truck. I have the whole build planned out. With the exception of getting a hold of an M20 or M21 for a price I can afford, I know what I'm going to do down to how I'm going to install the Dynamat.

$1800 is a bit pricey I admit, but I've gone through every catalog I can find online or printed and really, if anyone can find a new front and rear suspension for a similar or comparable price, then please let me know. So far an IFS alone is more costly and requires a lot more modifications to the truck and again, lowers it too much for my liking.

I'm still not opposed to an IFS, I just have little fabricating experience, so beyond moderate mig welding and minor body work, I'm suck with what I can save for and buy. I certainly can't afford, nor do I want, someone else to do the build for me either, so I'm stuck with what I'm able to prepare for and do on my own as well.

dubds10 and 49Neo, thank you both for your responses.

- Daniel