Hey Bolters,

I've finally saved enough money to buy a new suspension for my truck. I've rebuilt a 1/2 ton rear end out of a '64 Chevy truck with 3.73 gears and now I'm going to bolt it up this Spring with a brand new suspension for the front and back of the truck.

I have a '53 Chevy 3100, and I want it to be a hot rod, but also a daily driver. I'm trying to find a balance between performance and practical.

My biggest dilemma right now is what height I'm going to make my truck. I know I don't want it super low. I'm dead set on keeping the back of the truck a stock height. From a diagram I've seen, it seems the front of the truck is higher than the rear for stock height and I'm unsure if I like that look, but I haven't knowingly seen any AD trucks with a stock suspension in it. I have the option of stock height in front or a 2.5" drop.

I know it's a small difference, but I was wondering if any of you had a stock height maintained on your truck, if so could you direct me to photos?

I'm looking into a complete suspension and rear end swap kit from Performance Online, if anyone has advice or opinions on that, I'd appreciate it as well.

I'm lookin at:

- U-bolts
- Tie Plates
- Axle Seats
- Lower and Upper shock mounts.
- Front and Rear Multi-Leaf Springs
- Front and Rear Sway Bars
- Front and Rear Shocks
- All Sway Bar mounting hardware
- Spring Pins
- Spring Bushings
- Shackle Bushings
- Shackles
- All hardware needed
~ $1800

Thank you for your time as always,

- Daniel