Hi, Daniel. Sounds like you need to plan out all aspects of your build before doing suspension. It will save you money & time. Going to a '64 rear means you are changing to open driveline. Do you want a 235 w/3 or 4spd or V8 w/auto or stick? If you go V8, you probably don't want solid front axle. Now's the time to think independent w/disc brakes. Each part effects the whole.
Look through the gallery at late '47 to early '55. There are many examples of stock trucks. My '49 has bone stock suspension with 225/75/15 front & 31/10.5/15 rear tires. Decent stance & fills wheel wells. I don't have pictures uploaded yet. With a 235, stock 4spd & torque tube rear(4.10 gears) I can do about 55 @ 2500 rpm. When money allows I will be upgrading to front disc. I've already spent about $250 rebuilding the drum brakes.
Good luck.