| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,120 Posts1,056,325 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 145 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 145 | Well I painted the cab yesterday. It was a learning experience. Today I went to go start wet sanding the orange peel, and noticed some fish eye. It's not everywhere but in some places quite noticeable. Its also thinner than expected. I was afraid of runs so I may have moved too fast with the gun. I put 5 coats on, but my wet coats were probably not so wet. So I started wet sanding with 400 grit down to where there is not orange peel, then I want to put another 2 or 3 coats on. I got a can of the fish eye eliminator. Any recomendations for the next time? I did wipe it down with grease and wax remover, and I also have a air dryer hose in line with the gun. I think the fish eye came from painting in the garage. I might spray a mist of water on the ceiling and floor next time. http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1268/5055721/20931166/391179328.jpghttp://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1268/5055721/20931166/391179347.jpghttp://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1268/5055721/20931166/391179360.jpg
Last edited by davidn; 08/24/2010 7:23 PM.
In the Gallery[yrl=http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=43825635&albumId=1717519]More pictures in MySpace[/url]
| | |
| |
| |