Farmdog, it depends on what your going to do. If you plan on replacing shackle's,bushings,pins ect then strip it down to the chassis and crossmembers. If your only planning to blast it rest assured sand WILL get into everything. I replaced my torque tube with a pumpkin so I could actually wash out my housing with detergents and water.
Having someone else blast it will save you time and money unless you just have to do it yourself. I did mine but NEVER again. The money and time I spent, as well as time lost, just was not worth it. I sold my pressurized blaster the week after I finished my chassis...... no more blasting for me. Not now but Heii NO!!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile