| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (55shaker, MickeyP, Gdads51, Bill Hanlon, Ridgeback, Gray_Ghost, 32Fordpuchoptop, Charles in CA, elhippie64),
113
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,302 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Since I had to rebuild the entire drivers side cowl I'm having a hard time figuring out the E-brake bracket in regards to where it goes,where to drill the hole in the inner-to-outer bracket and it will also effect where the inner fender bolts.
SO... Since I plan to run buckets I was thinking about putting a handle like a lot of cars have that fits between the seats. And since the hook up to the E-brake "crossover" arm is off center of the drive shaft on the drivers side it seems to make since you could place a "pull up arm" beside the drivers bucket seat and not do the foot E-brake.
Has anyone done this....or have thoughts on it? What did you use? Thanks guys.
Edit: I have a small block with a 350 tranny in my 52panel. I once had an 88 Nissan with a floor hand brake and it worked very good. Nearby Southern Rods has a floor mounted hand brake for a little over $100 but I"m sure someone out there has done this and can recommend one that works great in the trucks/panels. One from a junk yard.
Last edited by Achipmunk; 06/05/2010 11:12 PM.
| | |
| |
| |