Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Peggy M, mick53, Steelonsteel, Otto Skorzeny, Robert Crandall, Charles in CA, JW51),
130
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,267 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#64661 08/21/2006 8:57 PM | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 46 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 46 | I have checked my electric system and seem to have spark at my coil and plugs. I have also checked, step by step, from the pump to the carb, to the fuel bowl, and down the throttle body. I pushed the pump piston and gas came out a hole, and the power jet assembly (I think) in the float bowl pushed down and sprang up. When I took off the throttle body there was gas going into the governor throat. So I think I am OK on getting gas to the engine. I sprayed some starter fluid in the carb and cranked her over. I got a couple of gasps and finally a small bang. That's all, but I could smell that something had caught! I can't get any more than this, though. What next?
1953 GMC half-ton
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| GMC53 | 08/21/2006 8:57 PM |
Re: GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| Graflexmaster | 08/21/2006 9:05 PM |
Re: GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| Tiny | 08/21/2006 10:15 PM |
Re: GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| 64fleetside | 08/21/2006 11:22 PM |
Re: GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| leon2982 | 08/22/2006 12:10 AM |
Re: GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| GMC53 | 08/22/2006 2:01 AM |
Re: GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| Roy Rodgers | 08/22/2006 3:04 AM |
Re: GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| bigbadswingdaddy | 08/22/2006 4:54 AM |
Re: GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| Lumbergh | 08/22/2006 3:54 PM |
Re: GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| GMC53 | 08/23/2006 3:26 AM |
Re: GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| bigbadswingdaddy | 08/23/2006 4:06 AM |
Re: GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| Tiny | 08/23/2006 3:30 PM |
Re: GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| Toyvo | 08/23/2006 7:11 PM |
Re: GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| GMC53 | 08/23/2006 8:35 PM |
Re: GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| bigbadswingdaddy | 08/23/2006 9:17 PM |
Re: GOT GAS, GOT SPARK, WON'T START!
| Brendan M | 08/23/2006 10:01 PM | |
| |