| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
117
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | ..... if you have a blasting cabinet you will find out no single media will do everything. I like the glass beads for the finish it leaves and for rods/pistons ect. But for the heavy rust stuff I use "mostly" the fine sand. It comes Medium, fine, Xfine. I also have a bag of the Black Beauty as well as a 5 gal bucket of Plastic media. Most blasting cabinets have a nice "drop" under them to change media easily and I take advantage of it.
In my experience I can buy regular blasting sand at the local concrete place that is less money than the play sand!! Plus, the blasting sand is "sized" and works well. Here I just paid $3.28 per 50lb bag for my choice of sand.
The ceramic nozzle are LOTS better than steel and the carbide are really nice. You get what you pay for here.
The cabinet blaster is one of my best investments. I use it a lot.... as well as my friends!! | | |
| |
| |