OOK. Here we go.
#1. old tank is the original rusted out in front off MY panel.
#2. is a new tank recently purchased from JCarter
#3. is the primered tank I bought from Mike Taylor 2008 before repop's were made. ** It could be a suburban tank??

Observations: the original rusted out tank has a baffle 9" from the end where the pickup line is located. It is a solid baffle. I used a 1/8" wire to confirm it had space UNDER it for gas to flow to pickup tube.
NOTE: one of the pics shows the pickup tube which is "bent" down to the bottom and is tack welded to the bottom.
The other picture shows the baffle itself. Now, I stuck the 1/8" wire down through the gauage opening and with a flashlight could see the wire actually go UNDER all baffles so the gas can flow to pickup tube. Only ONE baffle in tank.
Any other questions before I throw the rusty one away?
Hope this helps and you can get the pics open. IF not, go to my photobucket below and it will be the first 4 pictures on page one.... theres a few updated pics in their if you care to look.


http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r19/LutherParris/52Panel/Fueltanks001.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r19/LutherParris/52Panel/Fueltanks002.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r19/LutherParris/52Panel/Fueltanks003.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r19/LutherParris/52Panel/Fueltanks004.jpg


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile