OOOK guys. Let me muddy the water....or perhaps help clear it up some.
When we refer to "MY" tank it is NOT off a PANEL. I got this tank from Mike at the Stovebolt Reunion in 2008. My ORIGINAL tank I took out of my panel is just about totally rusted away.
So, "my" tank may have been out of a SUBURBAN rather than a panel. Leo, that may be why you see a "canted" section near the top that is differnt than yours.
To help us out on this I am going to get my ORIGINAL tank, the one from Mike (suspected Suburban) and the NEW one I bought from JCarter for my panel and take a picture with all three of them in a line. I will come back and post the pic here.
ALSO.. I told Gmoniz that I was going to meaure me out 128 ounces (one gallon) and see how much it takes to fill the tank. Then he made a good suggestion to me.... see how much I can siphon out to see if it leaves any in the tank that would require less to fill up. (Thus the 13gal we keep hearing about)
I can hook me a line to the pickup tube and see how much can be sucked out before it quits.
This is intriging and I "must" know the answer!!!