crenwelge writes, "...52 they came out with a 279 and a 317 overhead valve engine...1958 they had v8 engines up to 534 cu. in."

Sure pays to know a little bit about the history of engines and about the different brands of engines. A difference which confuses a lot of novices is knowing a 216 from a 235 Chevy. Most of us here would figure this out blindfolded. Small block Chevies are a problem, difficult to spot differences after the 265 engine.

Transmissions and drive axles are more difficult to sort out.

These modern cars, I look under a hood and keep my mouth shut. I need to look for awhile just to figure out what part is the engine, even then I am not sure. I have never seen so much stuff squeezed into such a small area.

You boys know when all of us die, we will take with us almost all knowledge about classic cars and trucks. There will come a day our classics will only be seen in museums.

...and you always thought gasoline would never cost more than 50 cents a gallon.

Thank you all for helping me sort out this Clark trans thing.

Billyray


1948 GMC 3 Ton Flatbed
1952 Chevy 1/2 Ton Panel
1956 Chevy 3/4 Ton NAPCO