crenwelge adds info, "The twenty third edition of the Hollander indicates that GMC used a 202V or a 204VO. It doesn't list anything that that interchanges with Ford."
Yeah, this is what I suspect. I am becoming more sure Clark (now Fuller) made transmissions specific to brand like GMC and Ford. Your Hollander reference confirms this. I am thinking I should pass on this Clark transmission, too many "things" wrong about this.
I found out International Harvester and Ford shared the same bellhousing bolt pattern but different input shaft lengths. In keeping with your Hollander look-up, nothing about a GMC - Ford crossover.
My GMC has the 202V you mention. Nice trans, little bigger than an SM420, no syncros, nice spread on the gears, takes some practice to learn to shift the trans without a clutch, really crazy shift pattern.
Thanks, crenwelge, you helped me to make a decision to pass on whatever Clark this boy has, probably a much later Ford model.
Billray