| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
11 members (Gdads51, Bill Hanlon, 1955 1 Series, 2-Ton, Robert Crandall, 52Carl, fonz8261, greenie-reddy, Forty9, RoadsScholar, 1 invisible),
127
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,343 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#62729 07/08/2006 3:58 AM | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 102 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2006 Posts: 102 | Hi all. I finally found a rearend for my '54 panel. It's a '76 Nova, 7 1/2" 10 bolt, and 3.08 ratio. I am running a 350 with auto. I was told that it would be great on the highway at 80 mph but "gutless" around town. I don't know anything about these rearends and ratios. Will this rearend serve me as a daily driver? It was suggested that I change out the gears. If you guys think this is a good idea then what ratio should I try to replace it with? As always, thanks.
All the best, Ted
| | |
| |
| |