How do you drive? If you are running in the stop light drags 3.08 is going to be a disappointment.

I have a 3.08 rear from a '73 Chevelle wagon that was a 350/350 combo and performed fine pulling a trailer. That rear is now under my '55 1st Suburban with a GMC 270 and it is very drivable.

A few years ago I took apart a '78 Monte Carlo that that was factory 305/350 with 2.29 gears in the rear. I drove the car enough to know it wasn't a race car, but didn't seem to have any trouble moving itself around.

Unless you are drag racing or pulling a big trailer I don't think the 3.08 gears will be a problem.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...