I found a couple of those buses converted to motorhomes a few years back near my brother's in Oregon. Neither ran and one of them had a different motor.

If I remember correctly one of them was late 40's and the other maybe early 60's? I believe the price was free provided you remove both of them from the guy's property.

I don't know if they are still there or not and I didn't notice that they had automatic transmissions. Wasn't really interested and didn't look very hard.

GMC started offering the Hydra-Matic about 1952 in delivery trucks (PM series) and '53 in pickups. By '54 it was available in 350 series (2-ton) trucks and larger.

Have I mentioned that I own a '54 Hydra-Matic 1-ton GMC?


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...