Originally Posted by Grigg
I'll second that "What???"
Now days a 4 speed isn't good enough, and 5 or more is the normal with an OD gear included.

Grigg
I meant to say, when pulling a long hill with a heavy load, I prefer a manual...
You can shift into granny 1st grin
---------------------------------
I have heard the new automatics (6 Speeds)
were better for towing...
I didn't mention 5-Speed Manuals because this is a forum for 72-Down trucks...
And I have never seen a '70s Truck with a 5-Speed. (Maybe only a mini-truck)
My point is manuals, are a pain in traffic, but better when you have to rebuild them, automatics are expensive, besides if your clutch goes out you can limo it home, if an auto goes out, your walking, but usually they start slipping first..
I tend to write in run-on sentences...


'76 F-350 Super Camper Special (140" WB), Ranger-XLT, Fast 390 V8, 4-Speed, Gun Rack, Brush Guard, Dual Exhaust, 3.73 Gears, 10K GVW.
'74 F-250 Super-Cab (155" WB), Ranger, Rebuilt 390 V8, C6 Auto, Tachometer, Headers, '77 Grille, Kill Switch, Single Exhaust, 4.11 Gears.
'59 Chevy 38 Apache Stakebed (Not running), 235-Inline-6, 4-speed, Gun Rack, 3 Tanks, Dual Rear Wheel, 9.5K GVW & no fancy stuff.
'99 Mitsubishi Fuso 5-Ton Delivery Truck, Diesel, 4-Speed Auto, 1-Ton Lift Gate, 18FT Box.