Well, if it's any consolation Denny, you're not alone. I went for bumper guards for my 56 and they fit like - well you know. I'm debating whether to modify them so the arcs are correct and have them rechromed, or just give it up and look for originals, although in two years of looking I have not found any original bumper guards for a 56 on EBay. I previously bought a set of repro rear bumper ends for my Cameo because my originals were really rusted out and chrome shops didn't want to do them. I hated the repros from the day I got them because they were such a poor fit and difference in shape, but I wore them for a while (after I had them modified to fit and rechromed). Then one day as I was talking with a restoration guy, just out of curiosity I asked him if he could restore my originals. He looked them over, kind of grimaced, but said he could. It took him a while, several months, but when I got them back they were perfect, like new and just needed chroming. They're since rechromed and remounted and look great. I sold the repops on Ebay just last week - at a loss of course, but they made someone else happy and it's better than decorating my garage with more stuff I don't need. . Repops, yeah, maybe, but only as a last, and I mean the very last resort. Thanks for bringing it up Denny.
Dale