Okay; I got my flywheel back from the machine shop tonight,so tomorrow I can put the clutch and tranny on the engine and set it in place. I have most of the installation issues resolved,now it's just a matter of removing the V-8 exhaust pipes and setting a 6 cylinder dual set up in place,swapping the front driveline section for the 10" shorter one (OH-I still have to order one of those Heavy Duty carrier bearings from Inland Empire Driveline-$109.00)
Email 'em for more info at [email protected]
I'll have to re-drill holes for the rear crossmember mounts,these are right between the six and V-8 holes.(I can only assume the different width is due to having the bigger clutch and flywheel than the pick up sixes had.)
I ended up using the throttle linkage from the donor truck;it has the hand throttle provision and onlt required drilling 3 holes.
Anyway,hoping to have the engine/trans. installed this weekend.
Speed


1954 GMC 350
1957 GMC 1/2 ton
1962 Chevy C-30
1952 Chevy 6400 dump bed project truck
'98 Harley FLSTC
'66 Pontiac Catalina
'76 Chevy 1 ton Duallie
'84 Bronco II
'78 Dodge W-200
'81 Toyota 4X4 truck