I have a couple of questions about this swap. I had a
pontiac engine in my '57 GMC,but sold it to a friend who's putting it in his '50 Chevy half ton. Now I have a '55 270 to put in my truck,but I have a few things to figure out.
I want to put an oil filter on the truck;there was no filter on this engine. Where do the lines connect? How much does it matter which line goes to which port on the filter?Can the 270 be set up with a full flow filter without disassembling the engine?
Will the 270 mounts fit where the V-8 was? I'm wondering if I have to change the crossmember to fit the six cylinder bellhousing. Also,this engine has a 11" clutch and was in a '60 CHEVY C-60.Is this clutch,flywheel and bellhousing different from a pick up set up?
The draft tube goes up into a chamber with a filler cap and a lid held on with two bales,like distributor clips;under the cap is a round filter cartridge. Any idea what that's for? Any idea what filter it takes? I rinsed this one out with diesel and blew it dry,but I'd like to replace it if possible.
Will this 270 fit in place of the Pontiac V-8 without having to relocate the radiator or crossmember? It has a single bolt through the front mount,with a round biscuit about 1-1/2" thick and about 2" diameter;that should line up with the front crossmember,right?
Sorry for all the questions;just trying to get my ducks in a row before I start putting it all together.
Thanks for any info you can give me.
Speed


1954 GMC 350
1957 GMC 1/2 ton
1962 Chevy C-30
1952 Chevy 6400 dump bed project truck
'98 Harley FLSTC
'66 Pontiac Catalina
'76 Chevy 1 ton Duallie
'84 Bronco II
'78 Dodge W-200
'81 Toyota 4X4 truck