| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,311 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | .... I see it Dakota!! and I read all of Alan's comments and must say he did a good job. I will add a couple comments just for Justin to have some choices.
My installations went well until yesterday. You can read about them on Paint and body or a post I just did in the General truck forum. No use to bore everyone here with the same story.
I had my vent assemblies powdercoated gloss black and man they look good. Justin, you can take that nut off the bottom of the wing vent to get your glass out if you want to. Just notice that there is two piece's of "leather" washers that go in two places. Also there two smaller washers with square holes and one big washer with a square hole. This is if you take it all the way apart. Put your new rubber on the frame just before putting in new glass. I could not get the little rivets to flatten like they are suppose to on the little verticle piece so I used the adhesive/sealant on them and let them dry. I put in new glass but did NOT use the glass tape. There IS two thickness of glass tape and it will make a differnce.Its hard to put the glass if to thick. Beside's, I don't think the new glass tape I ordered had any soapstone on it!! HOWEVER, I ended up buying a tube of black ADHESIVE & Sealer at Advance Auto. The tube of stuff will fit in my regular caulking gun. Now, here is an important part.... cut the tip off to where it will lay a BIG roll of the adhesive/sealer down in the groove for the vent glass.... don't be afraid to really fill up the groove. Then slide the glass in and CLOSE the wing vent and latch the handle. THEN pull the wing vent back just a little so that the glass comes back and seals good against the vertical seal. Lay the assembly flat to where the glass will press down to the outside for sealing good. Do not mess with the adhesive at this point..its messy!! Hopefully you put enough in the grooves to where it oozes out good. Next day, cut around the frame with a razor blade, the just skim or pull it off. It will do a nice job and look really good. I have some pics of mine but have not uploaded to photobucket. There is an online manual that will also give you the directions for doing this. I think there is a link to it in the tech tips? Thanks to Keith Hardy for doing the online manuals. As Alan said, its a little tricky to put the assembly down in the door and engage the window...be slow and patient.
I'm having problems with all my new stuff and just now finding out that the window I used for a pattern was not the correct size and it gave me problems. If I can be of help let me know. Good luck....oh, and get aome young man with small arms to put that bolt back in the bottom of the wing vent assembly. | | |
| |
| |