If your going to use the capillary tube my advice is buy a new one. There is a vendor close to your area that sells them new for about a 1/3 of what it'll cost to repair yours...and certainly lots cheaper than the vendors in the midwest or here in the east. D&M Restorations, near me in Greenville S.C., is really good but for my temp guage it was going to run $150 to totally restore it. They do superb work but I decided to buy one from the Truck Shop for less than $45 last year. I'm pleased with it and I took care of the other guages. I Never regretted it and I had plenty of stuff to enjoy "doing it all by myself"!! I hate the Tiawan crap but unless you have deep pockets we have to think smart sometimes.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile