Yep, 1 ton is longer. I didn't realize that at the beginning. I bought a second 1 ton last Saturday. Not THE second one, another second one. I'll still end up with the local one. Next year now!

Anyway, this one already has a '79 heavy half cradle and suspension in the front. A little too wide but I'm looking for Eldorado/Toronado wheels to correct some of that with off set spacing. The guy welded the chunks of the 79 frame in so it is pretty much a done deal there. I'm not going to even think of how much grinding it would take to put it back to original. Easier to clip it with another stock frame than take out what he's got there. I'll live with it, we're going 454/TH350 anyway!

Does anyone know if there is a build thread for the one that is used on Doug's Trailers site? 1950 claims to be on a 1990 1 ton chassis. Not sure how that fits, neither 1990 wheelbase is 137" that are close to that size.


Just here for the free beer.
1953 1-Ton Dump Truck

1954 Teenage Hot Rod