Originally Posted by coilover
We have a stockpile of Pacer IFS units that I got by giving a couple of the largest car crushers in this area a reward for phoning me whenever they moved into a yard where one or more were scheduled to be crushed. The top ball joint is replaced by a mid-70's Monte Carlo joint which has the same pin length and taper, the holes must be welded up and re-drilled on the upper A-frame, and the bottom is replaced by a Chrysler screw in joint. The brake caliper and rotor are Ford in design, the caster and camber ecentrics are easily replaced by Chevy pickup units, the A-frame bushings can be bought by size, and any rebuilder can go through the rack and pinion. None of these are major obstacles but for people that don't have the facilities and have to be able to buy everything ready for bolt in replacement then disregard this and go to the restoration forum because your sure not hot rodders.

I believe I have just been banished to the restoration forum. dang
Thanks for the info, though. I just am not ready for the learning curve, yet.
I'm thinking the best bet might be the original as suggested. I just wish someone near me had one that had new bushings and such so I could see how it felt. As one of you guys said, I don't want a car, I want a truck, too. I don't plan on selling this truck and one day WILL get it exactly like I want it, even if I have to get some "schooling".
thanks for all the info. and your time,
Jason