OOOK, lets do some Real Talk here.
I think Jim ask for a donation just to help the stovebolters. By donating to the site John and Peggy do not have to pull out their plastic to keep all of us going as I know they have in the past.
Now, if you noticed in the left hand top of the home page here there is a note that Classic Parts offers us a 10% discount and does not require a "code".
It would now make sense to me that Jim would turn away business to a bolter and push them to Classic Parts. I think he would therefore still honor the discount. I would also imagine "ole trucks", Mike Taylor, knows most of us anyway.
I have found Jim to be a little pricey on some stuff than Classic Parts and it takes the discount from Jim to get down to the same price as Classic. (not all stuff but some) But the next things is the shippping. Classic has a minimum shipping of about $9 and Jim only charges the ACTUALLY shipping charges.
I always told my kids to "DO THE MATH".
There are stories to be told about all the vendors and how they don't answer the phone, don't call back, don't make things right and so forth. For me, and I'm speaking only for myself, I have gotten good service from Jim, he has always been nice to the bolters and the Stovebolt. So, therefore I try to do business with them as much as possible and recommend him to others I talk to.
I might add that even with Jim, I recently had a problem. It took a little while to get it "sorted out" but it was resolved to my satisfaction and it was something that was basically out of their control. On the other hand I have dealt with Classic Parts some and they make me feel as though I should bow down to them when I call....especially one lady!! But, as I said, we all have our tales to tale but in the end we should know who is the "good guy". Heck, it may even depend on what kind/year truck your working on.
Whew, I'm through now!!!
Denny, do like Scott says, come join us in Sept. and visit Jim. You'll be glad you did.... and you can even bring your "big ole wife"
