Well, I take a little different approach but probably get the same results. It amazes me how most folks guard dollar figures like it was some big secret. True, its none of there business and you can give them a polite answer like 46HalfTon said. In my years I have run across some that I thought were asking a logical question as they may be wanting to have a vehicle just like the one you have. I usually just nonchalantly say what I think I have in it and tell them to add about 15% to that! They generally move on without much fanfare. To my closer friends I always give them an honest answer and they do me the same way.... like recently I ask a friend "well,Art, how much did you end up having in the 50 when you finished. His reply, 16 grand. And so it goes.

I think a lot of folks don't talk $$$ because they are afraid they paid to much for something..... heii don't we all do that?!!

Anyway, just a different view point. (If I'm in a bad mood I might tell them I inherited it or "only the bank knows".)


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile