| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (32Fordpuchoptop, Gdads51, Gray_Ghost, Charles in CA, 55shaker, elhippie64, TUTS 59, 3800GUY),
103
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,302 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,644 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,644 | Rather than start a new thread I'll add my question in here.........
Bought a new 30 ohm. sending unit from one of the OEM Retailers at a swap meet last weekend and installed it today. Different in that it has only one electrical post coming out of it vs. the two posts on my original sending unit. I do not have any electrical experience or any meters to check, so I choose a wire and put it on the post and the other under a screw to act as a ground. Turned on the key and the needle went from below empty to EMPTY.
Did I hook up the wires correctly, or does it make any difference which I attach to the sending unit post?
Many thanks,
Spot
Chuck 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original) 1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod) 1941 Chevy coupe 1938 Chevy coupe streetrod | | |
| |
| |