C. truck, you are correct, if you did a lot of towing or hill driving you would probably be better off with a lower gear, 3:73 or in between,2:73 works well for me here in my area, I did lose a little off launch but not that much,, the number is correct on mine,, at 60 plus the rpm is around 1650,,, with the 3:55 ring pinion and torque tube is was 3,000 and above...webeold has similar set up with 2:73 in his 54 and he is happy with it,, to each their own, I am happy with mine and would put it up against any other 235 on the hi-way, regardless of what rear end they had, I will stay with them....you are correct that at 60 plus and you come to a hill you may drop down into fourth,, with other gearing you may not have too, no problem for me to get use to,, just gear it down and then up..Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.