The only thing I can add is that I now have a blazer rear end(2:73) and s-10 five speed in my 52, previous I had the patricks 3:55, his sagnaw modifed 4 speed transmission,, this lasted for over 5yrs, went out so I had the torque tube and drive train replace with the conversion,,,,,results is twice the gas mileage, from 10 to 21 on the hi-way,, twice less strain on the engine as the 3:55 would turn 3,000 or better at 60 where as now it is about 1650.. I did have mine done by a local shop as I did not have the tools or space to do so,,,, to me the change was well worth it,,,although the 3:55 change will boost your speed it is still running a pretty high rpm at 60 plus,,, just my 2 cents,, I have had both, Patricks is a good set up but I sill prefer the s-10 blazer conversion,,, not cheap if you have some one else do it, but worth ever cent to me,,I think webeold would agree also.....Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.