... all I can say is you better have a GOOD, no make that GREAT set of taps. I have the same problem on a set of 283 ram horn headers.
First I got a nice center one of the bolts, drilled it out, put my GOOD "easy out" in it and when I had to crank down on it it popped like popcorn. So, drilled to the biggest I could without destroying the threads. I'm talking 32nd and 64th increments here! Still the old stuff would not turn loose....and yes, soaked them for a week.

So, today I tried the other header and all three of those twisted into as well. Soooo, I blasted them, cleaned them up real nice and tomorrow I'm taking them to a machine shop where they can put the TORCH to them. I figure they'll either come loose or we'll melt them out! I will rethread and use a helicoil if I have to. I'm tired of monkeying with them. These suckers are STUCK and no sense in me making things worse and causing more problems.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile