| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (cmayna, baldeagle, Bill Hanlon, Leo, Hotrod Lincoln, Mike in Sycamore, Gdads51, 1955 1 Series),
120
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,280 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#54577 01/05/2006 9:23 PM | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 72 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 72 | I have a 54 235 motor in my truck now, SHOT. I keep looking for a good V8 or a good I6 to replace it with. Recently I was looking at a later model 63 230 in great shape. I know I would probably need to fab some motor mounts if the 230 mounts are on the sides. The 230 motor does not come with an intake manifold and possibly no exhaust. Does anyone know if my 54 235 intake and exhaust manifolds would work on the later model 230. If mine won't work are the 230 intakes readily available and are they reasonably priced?
I have a SM420 4 speed on the floor, any problems there?
What else would I need to be aware of for this change out?
Thanks for your help.
If you didn’t skin a knuckle while you were working on your truck, you weren’t working hard enough! 53 5window 1/2 ton54 3window 1/2 ton
| | |
| |
| |