thumbs_up Spot on there Jerry.
That was exactly what I was asking could be done to the engine.
Screw in studs, set the rocker height and use pushrods made to suit.
I was'nt talking about a StoveBolt engine either, just applying the same principal from modern roller rocker technology and applying it to the old six engine.

That is why I'm with you Jerry, why go to all that trouble at the end of the day, for probably near zero return in performance.
As said previously, the amount of work required to fit them would far outweigh any performance gains.
Would be better off spending that money on a re-ground cam or a decent carby/exhaust.

Each to their own........................Doc.


"It's not a wreck......It's a natural resource!"
Quote-Doc Bob circa 2006

DOCS CLASSIC GARAGE
Specializing in Hot Rods,
Customs & Street Machines.
My pictures at..........
1936 Chev 1/2-Ton Holden Body


confused? http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html