I was foolish and did not follow your advice. I had the engine completely redone with all new wearing parts including hardened exhaust seats, valve guides, aluminum pistons and water pump, and all the normal machine work. I did have a little trouble getting the right parts; chevs sent me 1940 valves, a faulty oil line, and one of there rod bolts was stripped. When I sent for a new rod bolt, they sent me an ordinary grade five cap screw. However after $1450 parts and and $1000 labor (which I didn't think was too bad), I brought the engine home to assemble. Bad idea assembling it on Friday the 13th. Nothing fit. I brought it back to the machine shop. After 3 sets of main bearings, it was found that EGGE had had manufacturing problems and was not making the mains with the right dimensions so that the crankshaft journals were being pinched near the parting line. Then, with confidence lost, I had the shop install the rods and pistons. Rods were bored out to the wrong diameter and the shop had to re-bore them. An additional $1400. And I still need a new master cylinder and assorted small parts before it will be road-worthy. Next time I should take Murphy's law into account, but I cannot say I was not warned. I hope it actually runs now, I've had it for 6 years (since I was 15) and never heard it run.