Being a 1 pc. drive shaft you are OK,dont need to mark it.
As far as the front universal, Ive never had much luck with a propane torch to get a stubborn one out, usually oxy/acetalene is needed to get it hot enough, or acess to a 10 or 20 ton press wich I PREFER.
I dont like to put the heat wrench to things unless I have to.
Ya might be best off to run the drive shaft to bought any local shop as they do em on a regular basis, u-joints are the biggest wear items next to brakes, if ya dont have the tools needed, cost will not be much to press out an install the new ones and then ya can just take it home an put it back on.
Just a thought.
Tim




1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!