Ok, so, after I very long interval of concentrating on other interests, such as starting college, I have been cruising the forum and now have a question to present to ya'll.
So, after driving my truck across town today, I quickly noticed that I have a serious squeak. The squeak has been there, but I previously dismissed it as a minor problem, but today it proved to be much more vocal.
The squeak is from the driveline, and most likely has something to do with the clutch, since i am wwaayy overdue for a new one. When I let the clutch out (withs it's 1 1/2" of takeup), esp form a dead stop, i have a very metallic squeak that starts slowly and increases in speed with the vehicle's speed. The sound comes from somewhere under the cab (transmission?). When I put the clutch in, the noise goes away, and the truck does not squeak while moving when it is out of gear. Are we walking bearing, U-joint, or what? Any ideas, gearheads? Much thanks in advance.