I thought as long as I was taking the driveshaft out, I'd repalce both u-joints. The driveshaft is one piece; i got it out in the parking lot, and got the rear- U-joint out, but after strategically whacking on the front one (the one I believe is the problem), I failed to get it out.
So, I had my great AAA coverage tow me home at absolutely no cost. I was thinking of heating up the U-joint with a propane torch, and then plunging it into some ice water to see if i could make it shrink enough to beat it out. Also, a good treatment of some penetrating oil (WD-40 or that PB-Blaster?) would aide in loosening it from the input to the transmission.
Is this an approved method? And I was a little late in reading about marking the driveshaft; what do I need to do about that? Thanks again.