I'm pretty sure it's the accelerator rod going through the firewall causing my problem (see picture in post above). I've bent the rod to change the angle at which it goes through the firewall, but not enough. I hate to bend it any more, as there's a weld in this rod, and if I bust it, I'll really have a problem. I guess I'll just use a Dremel tool to enlarge the surrounding metal piece on the floorboard behind the gas pedal, which I really hate to do, since taking a grinder to parts that ought to fit is not how I want to go about taking care of my truck. Thanks for all the input. Even the suggestions that were not the solution caused me to investigate other things and learn more about my truck (I now know what and where my cab mounts are!).
Last edited by ol_red; 12/29/2008 11:58 PM.