Hmmmmm.....BowTieTim mentioned cab mounts also. I assumed he meant "carb" mount and dropped the "r". I don't know what a cab mount is, but I'll look in my shop manual then crawl under the truck and take a look. Just guessing, I would imagine it's a hard rubber cushion that goes between the cab and the frame??? Kind of like the cushion you'd hit if you bottomed out your springs??

What's interesting is the shaft appears to be centered in the felt "grommet", but definitely riding low in the sheet metal opening. Thanks for the tip.

Added comment: I see. Page 1-2 of the shop manual says, "The cab is flexibly mounted at four points. The front corners just ahead of the door hinge pillars are bolted through rubber shims to mounting brackets. At each rear corner, the cab is supported by a shackle type mount". I'll go check 'em out!

Last edited by ol_red; 12/24/2008 9:38 PM. Reason: added manual info on cab mounts

DJ
'51 Chevy 3104 1/2-ton 216