| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,462 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#4672 08/05/2004 12:03 AM | Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 86 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 86 | I also have a 59 and the oil canister was mounted between the carb and the firewall(after my dad rebuilt the engine in the 80s). I moved it to in front of the carb because of the cast-in "lugs" on the intake manifold. My shop manual doesn't show a good piture of the proper location but I can't think of a reason for the casting on the manifold other than the oil filter canister. Some one with an assembly manual my have better info. The lines are plenty long enough to mount it either place.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
| | |
| |
| |