I delivered steel to a small company in Colorado Springs in the 70's that had a Craftsman contract for box end wrenches...a lot of the tools are farmed out, but are made to whatever specs they want..so a company could make Craftsman, S-K or whatever, but to each company's specs...

As for boxes, I've still got the Craftsman 10 drawer top chest I bought new in 1966, under it is a SnapOn 2 drawer intermediate and a SnapOn roller cabinet with side cabinet that I got for $85 from a retiring mechanic..Also have a 9 drawer Craftsman Roller cabinet bought new in 1983 with a MAC top chest I got at a yard sale..

My best find was a MAC Road Box for $15 at a moving sale..the empty chest weighs 105# and has mounts for bolting it down..I put this on my 49 4400..



Geoff


68 GMC 3800
56 JD420C w/JD90 Loader