Ralph,
This questioned my electrical ability and the equipment that is in my truck. I am using the original ignition & light switches. I do realize the I wired this truck about 8 years ago with a harness from one of the accepted vendors. I have been waiting for the slowest machine shop on the planet to finish my engine. I do not want to discuss that. Thank you very much.

But the problem was that with the key on - the engine started nicely and purred like a cat. Unfortunately, it would not turn off. I had to put my hand over the carburetor to kill the engine. So, I assumed their was a wiring problem or connection corrosion. I pulled down both switches and checked the wiring. While doing this I cleaned the terminals and put it back together.

After the smoke I think the wire from the ignition switch, and connected to the light switch, pulled out of the plastic protector and grounded on the dash. Somehow the wire from the ammeter to the ignition switch took the damage of frying. Now it is a bare wire with connectors on both ends.

Funny.

I will take the speedometer gauge panel off this coming weekend and see how the wiring is. I will post after I look into that.

Anyways. Before I decided to check the wiring there was no problem with fire, smoke, or anything. Just the engine would not shut off. What is up with that?

Thanks.


Dennis
-there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-