It's Friday. That is cool. This weekend I will go back to tackling this electrical thingy.

I have been studying the wiring diagram.

Under the dash it looks like the wire comes into the ammeter then on to the ignition switch. The same post has a wire to the light switch for power. Both are hot all the time.

I also note that there is a post and wire to the distributor. Somehow the regulator and resistor is involved. I will try to follow the diagram with the wires to figure out if the ignition switch or light switch is involved with my problems.

Oh. Another wrench in the mess is the head lights. I got the briliant idea to go halegon. I bought the harness from one of the vendors and have it on the truck. Headlights don't work. I need to check to make sure the switch wires are in the equation for this. Unfortunately, the instructions were written by our Chinese brothers. The are in Chinese and translated in a quick-quick english jargon. Crappy but a start. I seem to think the light switch wires need to be connected to the circuits so that the relay switches get excited and open up to provide that added electricity for the halegon bulbs.

Where is Mr. Horvath when needed? I need to access his site to see if my wiring is good.

Thanks again to all for help and advice.

Oh. Waldo thank you for the link but I stayed with the generator and did not change to an alternator. Probably stupid of me but I will learn.


Dennis
-there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-