| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Bill Hanlon, Jon G, Ponchogl, dt235sd, rfs56trk, Steelonsteel, Maybellene, 49choptop, 1 invisible),
120
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,096 Posts1,056,478 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 1,300 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 1,300 | I would keep original flywheel and starter. I had 6V starter on 12V for years and as long as you don't grind on it for extended periods of time it will give no trouble. Truck will actually start much easier as it spins over faster. Now when I went to Hydra-Matic with solenoid starter, I found a 12V solenoid as they told me that the bendix would hit flywheel teeth too hard using a 6V solenoid on 12V. Bottom line is the 6v starter motor will be fine on 12V. A solenoid is a little different story. Makes no difference on a foot stomper starter. | | |
| |
| |