| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (TUTS 59, JW51, Jon G),
114
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,480 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 | Hi. I have the same dilemma. I have a 261 from a '59 2-ton truck to replace the original 216 in my '49. Patrick's recommends using the 6V starter on the newer 12V system. Has anyone done this without any problems? Unless I hear otherwise, I'm planning to stick with the original flywheel, clutch, starter, and throw-out bearing from the '49.
Good Luck! Dan M. I went that route and it works ok except the timing ball location is different for the 216 which renders a timing light useless.
1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod You Tube | | |
| |
| |