| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (LAJones48, Barry Martak, Otto Skorzeny, Waveski, Shaffer's1950, Rusty Heaps, 1 invisible),
110
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,465 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 45 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2004 Posts: 45 | I'm putting a 261 into a '53 1/2 ton and doing the 12V conversion at the same time. I'll use the original 216 bellhousing with the new engine but have both 6V and 12V flywheel, starters, and clutch to choose from. I realize the starters and flywheels can't be inter-mixed. However, will the later 12V flywheel and starter fit the earlier bellhousing or should I stick with the 6V parts? Both were truck foot starter types.
Thanks in Advance,
-Ed
Ed Fallon In seemlingily endless process of restoring a stock 1953 chev 3100 pickup.
| | |
| |
| |