| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Gdads51, Cletus1950, cmayna, 55shaker, 3800GUY, Gray_Ghost, FAST55),
145
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,253 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 279 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 279 | Could be Stuart. If you recall a few months ago I was posting about the vibration I was feeling at low speeds. I ended up disconnecting the driveline and putting the front and intermediate u-joint in phase. That pretty much fixed the vibration. Since then it has been sitting. I didn't notice the grinding when I first drove it following the prolonged sitting period. I drove it for about a mile before noticing the grinding and it is a little intermittent. I'll check out the intermediate bearing. I'm stymied. The rear end was not rebuilt and it was fine before I did the restoration. The u-joints are new. Tranny and rear end fluid levels are both fine as well. I've noticed if I drive it at slow speed (3rd gear and lower), there is no grinding. I'll check out what you mentioned. Thanks. | | |
| |
| |