To stretch67 and Chevyman:

I also have a 68 Camaro, it has a 250, the car is in very good shape. I also have a 454, 4 bolta mains block, forged crank, R port heads, TRW 2399 forged domed pistons(.133"dome), Edelbrock Performer RPM cam(306'adv duration), holley 850, GM dual plane aluminum intake(LS6), HEI igntion. And I want to drop it into the camaro. Will use 4 spd, (clark 260, close ratio, available here, no mods required to fit in the car or behind the engine) sub frame connectors, hedmann headders for the above combo. It is all togheter yet, don't need to buy anything else, would You like to make any comments, any possible difficulties, anything worth saying about it?
The engine is brand new, I rebuild it for a 2 engines 31 feet boat, one was shot, this one was perfect, just got new bearings, rings and cam the engine is standard size all the way. This engine sounds pretty mean, and they went out of the boat just because of the fuel comsuption. Welding the subframe connectors instead of just bolting them sounds good to You?
Thanks in advance.

Chevyman,

As for the 261 boring topic some time ago, took a couple of blocks to the machine shop, got a couple of damaged ones, the ones cast here cannot be bored to much more than 3.810, no way to bore them out to 3,875. So I see no point in just trying to ofsset grind the crank, using the smaller 292 rods, first because of the rod width issue You talked about and second because it would allow a very small gain in displacement without the 1/8 overbore.
Thanks again, fellow!!


Alexandre Garcia