| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, J Lucas, dt235sd, Cosmo, jeffreyguy, Charles in CA, LAROKE),
132
guests, and
6
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,221 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 | I rewired my 49 by following the existing lines and the schematic in the shop manual for the wire sizes. It is very easy to do yourself. Plan it out. I did one wire at a time but also thought about the next one for routing and so on.
The most important thing is to have a good crimping tool. Once you have it crimped do a pull test but don't go crazy. I also put heat shrink over the ends.
Now here is the part that will make some people wonder. From the firewall forward I used only black wire. Why? Because there are only a few wires and the longest run is less than 4 feet. If I could not trace it then there is something wrong with me!
If you want you can buy a fabric loom from PICO that looks authentic and run your wires through it. However I would suggest you run the wires before you put on the terminals. | | |
| |
| |