| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,551 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#39888 12/23/2002 4:58 AM | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | If its just stuck at the axle you can pour Coca-Cola on it. Coke will definitely free up a frozen part. I personally like Sli-Kroil. If you don't have something to heat it up with you will have to keep hitting it dead center with a hammer. I suspect the shoes are frozen to the drum as the brake adjuster is all the way in. I had a 40 chev car that did that and I started literally dragging it up the road and after about 3 good licks with the hammer, by friend walking beside car, it popped loose. If all else fails get a cutting torch  | | |
| |
| |